If you would like to help Sanctum House in their Fundraising efforts by creating an Event, please read these guidelines in their entirety BEFORE planning your fundraising event/activity.
- This event has passed.
Novi Town Hall Meeting | HUMAN TRAFFICKING & OUR COMMUNITY
April 11, 2019 @ 6:30 pm - 8:30 pm EDT
NOVI CIVIC CENTER THURSDAY, APRIL 11 6:30-8:30
Human trafficking affects people right here in Oakland County. It is the second largest criminal enterprise, eclipsed only by drugs, according to state statistics.
This is more than about sex – it’s about labor and employment, children and even organs trafficking. Here in Michigan – labor trafficking is more rampant than we would like to believe.
Please join us as we discuss this horrible epidemic with local leaders. Together we can stand up, speak out, and shut down human traffickers in our community
WITH SPECIAL GUESTS
- Kelly Breen: Novi City Council: Human Trafficking and the Role of Local Government
- LT. WENDY REYES: Oakland County Sheriff & Oakland County Trafficking Task Force (Role of First Responders)
- ASST. MI ATTORNEY GENERAL KELLY CARTER: The Role of the State
- KAREN MOORE: Executive Director of Sanctum House (Victim Interaction)
- PROF. DANNIELLE KALIL: The University of Michigan Human Trafficking Clinic (Labor Trafficking)
- Kulia Pulver: RN (Signs of Abuse)
SPONSERS: Kelly Breen (Novi City Council), Laura Casey (Novi City Council), Gwen Markham (Oakland County Commissioner / Vice Chair Oakland County Human Trafficking Task Force), Theresa Rich (Farmington Hills City Council), Samantha Steckloff (Farmington Hills City Council)